by Lindsey Goldberg, Graze the Roof Program Manager
- Harvest a basket full of fresh heirloom greens: butter lettuce, wild perennial arugula, Italian flat leaf parsley, miner’s lettuce, nasturtium leaves and flowers, brightly colored viola blossoms, spinach, and tender red Russian kale leaves.
- Wash, dry and throw the greens into a big bowl.
- Sprinkle a handful of raw sunflower seeds on top of the greens
- Garnish with fresh feta cheese
- Dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
…A salad full of color, flavor, crunch, and nutrition!
Graze the Roof Purple Beans
- Harvest Royal Burgandy Green Beans off of their vine throughout the summer and early Fall!
- Wash and trim pointy edges
- Sautee in a pan with a tablespoon of coconut oil and the juice of a Meyer lemon, 2 minced garlic cloves, and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- After the beans have been sauteed for 5 minutes, add a handful of slivered almonds, and sautee for another 3-4 minutes.