Compassionate Healthcare is Harm Reduction
“In the absence of an effective and widely deployed vaccine against HIV, measures to improve access to sterile needles and syringes will remain the most effective tool available to reduce the spread of this virus among (and from) IDUs” – World Health Organization
Harm Reduction a set of practical strategies that reduce negative consequences of drug use and other high-risk activities, incorporating a spectrum of strategies from safer use, to managed use, to abstinence.
We all have the right to take care of ourselves, to protect our health and our bodies. To preserve this right, to empower self-care, to mitigate and eliminate the ravages of HIV, Hepatitis, Overdose, Soft-Tissue Infection, and Respiratory Disease on our community, we offer a range of disease and injury prevention resources.
Harm Reduction Services include:
• Syringe Access, Exchange and Disposal
• Overdose Prevention and Rescue Training
• Supplies for Safer Use and Safer Sex
• Risk Reduction Counseling and Information
• HIV Testing
• Outreach & On-Demand Service Provision
• Linkages to appropriate care and services based on individual needs
Syringe Access Services
Monday – Tuesday: 7:00pm – 9:00pm in the GLIDE Lobby, 330 Ellis St.